Booktuber Interview with Jessica from priceiswong (Interview #5)

Hello again and welcome back to Cold Tea and Crumbs.

It's Wednesday again and I have another Blogger/BookTuber Interview for you. This time around I would like to introduce you the beautiful Jessica from priceiswong. Jessica is such a friendly and down-to-earth booktuber and I love the fact that when she's talking to her camera and recording her videos its like she's just talking to a friend. Here are Jessica's answers to my questions and don't forget to check out her channel and say I sent you!




Hi Jessica, please describe your channel and the type of books which you enjoy reading.
My channel is full of random bits and pieces of my life. I share more personal parts of my life through my Document Your Life videos and vlogs. I recently even just shared tips on how I do my makeup in my newest video! One of my favorite things to do though, is to read (of course). So that's why the majority of my videos are about me discussing amazing books that I've read! I personally love watching book hauls and seeing all of the new books, and so I really enjoy showing everyone my newest books that I've bought as well! Book tags are fun too! 
I really enjoy reading a variety of books. Fiction is definitely my favorite. Lately I've mainly stuck with Young Adult fiction. I love reading books full of fantasy that just sweeps you away to far off places. I do enjoy reading what I call "normal" books as well (contemporary books) but I have to be in the right mood.

What made you decide to start your channel and what are the main reasons you keep making videos?
I decided to try and start my own channel back in January of this year when I started watching Christine from PolandBananasBooks. We have really similar tastes in books and seem to have a lot in common. Before, I couldn't have imagined making a channel and putting out videos for everyone to see. I figured people would just laugh at me. Christine made it look just so effortless and fun, so I wanted to give it a try. I would see in the comments how people interacted with her by discussing their favorite parts of the book, which I thought was very cool. That is why I've continued to make these videos. I love gushing about my favorite parts with people. I lack that in my life and I'm glad that I found it on the internet. :)

What is your favourite book?
I'm pretty sure I thought about this question for about 10 minutes before answering this. I'm going to have to cheat and tell you three. I'm obsessed with the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare, and the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. All are so amazing. I would reread these books over and over again.

If you could read one genre for the rest of your life, which genre would you choose?
I feel like I can easily get bored with reading just contemporary. It's just real life, so although I like it occasionally, I can't read it for the rest of my life. I'm going to go with Fantasy. I love that genre so much and have loved just about every single book that I've read so far in that genre. It hasn't led me astray yet.

If you could live in any book world created, which would you choose?
I'm sorry if you are tired of this answer by now, but I'm going to have to say the world created by J.K. Rowling. I wish I could go back to being 11 years old, and receive my owl with my letter to Hogwarts. I would probably be a teacher somewhere teaching kids Transfiguration or something by now. :)

What has been your best/favourite booktubing moment so far and why?
There have been so many great moments so far! One really big moment was when I reached 1,000 subscribers. I couldn't believe that so many people wanted to watch my videos! I remember running upstairs to show my mom my sub county. (I'm so cool) 
I also distinctly remember when I received emails saying that some on my favorite booktubers had subscribed to me. ME. I couldn't believe it. I remember when Jesse (from JessetheReader) and Christine (from PolandBananasBooks) subscribed and I thought I was going to die. I had watched both of them for so long and thought it was awesome that they were now going to be watching me! Now I consider those two friends and can't wait to meet them at Vidcon next year! :)

Where do you store/show-off your books and how many do you own in total?
I have two bookshelves where I store my books! One is a big tall wooden one that my husband Jake made me last Christmas that sits in our living room. The other is a little white one that I've always had in my bedroom growing up. I'm not sure how many books I have now. I would guess around 200.

Where is your usual place to read and what would your dream reading place look like?
I usually read on my bed :) Anywhere I can sit for a long time without my bum falling asleep is perfect! haha This picture of a little reading nook by shelves and a huge window would be my ideal place. I would probably sit a tall lamp nearby and how amazing would that space be when it rained?!

Lastly, which blogs/channels can we usually find you stalking when you're not creating content for your own channel?
Oh man, I admit I'm on the internet a lot so this is longing to be one long list. Prepare yourself :) I've already mentioned that I love Christine's channels (PolandBananasBooks and PolandBananas20) I also love Jesse (from JessetheReader) There's also Liz (from Elizziebooks), Kat (from Katytastic), Jacob (from TheEighthPotter), Jamie (from jhaughn18), Priscilla (from thereadables), astridthebookworm, the list goes on and on. I also really enjoy watching crabstickz, dailygrace, smosh, WatchUsLiveandStuff, Tyler Oakley, Troye Sivan, Jacks Gap... I spend too much time on YouTube. I remember the days when I used to spend this much time on sites, such as Facebook (which now I hardly ever get on in comparison). 
I'm just now really getting into blogs. I've been trying to post more on my own blog, www.priceiswong.com and I'm starting to have more fun on it! I enjoy reading your blog Cold Tea and Crumbs, Astrid the Bookworm, Frilly + Fancy, The Broke and Bookish, The Mile Long Bookshelf, and Anna Reads
Thanks for interviewing me Samantha! These questions were fun to answer! :) - Jess

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A big thank you to Jessica for taking the time to answer my questions. Check out her channel for friendly book discussions and personal life snippets. If you enjoyed this interview just click the red subscribe button above to have her videos show up in your YouTube subscriptions page.

Don't forget to follow Cold Tea and Crumbs to read another BookTuber/Blogger Interview in 2 weeks.
See you all then. x

Missed an interview, see all interviewees on the BookTuber/Book Blogger Interview Archive Page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...