Divergent by Veronica Roth | Book Review

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Divergent by Veronica Roth is truly for those who love the Hunger Games Trilogy or the Twilight Saga. There's never a dull moment as we see the world through the main character, Tris', eyes as she encounters a variety of 'coming of age' transitions, from discovering who you are, exploring the world independently, making new friends and falling in love. With all the key character development that we live through with Tris it's thrilling when the main storyline of the book develops and Tris is part of a bigger picture. How can anyone stop conflict between different people with different views, behaviours and visions as well as their requirements for power?
"It will be difficult to break the habits of thinking Abnegation instilled in me, like tugging a single thread from a complex work of embroidery. But I will find new habits, new thoughts, new rules. I will become something else."
After reading the Hunger Games Trilogy last year, I had had a bit of a break away from reading fantasy/sci-fi fiction so that the next book within the genre wouldn't have to live up to the thrill of the Hunger Games Trilogy. Divergent seemed a good book to break that fast as it had been constantly brought up in conversations I'd had with others about my love for the Hunger Games. I can tell you, I was not disappointed. This is seriously a great book and I'm already starting Insurgent. That says a lot because I never normally read the sequel to a book straight after reading the first in order to break the story up, but believe me, after the Divergent ending I have to know what happens next.
"I hear my heartbeat. I have been looking at him too long, but then, he has been looking back, and I feel like we are both trying to say something the other can't hear, though I could be imagining it. Too long - and now, even longer, my heart even louder, his tranquil eyes swallowing me whole."
So if you like the Hunger Games, Twilight Saga or anything else within the 'young adult' genre then you'll love Divergent. If you're not a really a reader, don't fret, Divergent is actually being made into a film too with the release date set to be March 2014. I can't wait to see the film and who will be playing the love interest 'Four' (yes it's a weird name but the book explains it all ^-^).
If you've read Divergent I'd love to hear what thought about it and what were you favourite aspects of the storyline. Also I'm also on the hunt for new books to read, especially on my new Kindle Fire HD ^_^ so please leave a comment below if you have any recommendations.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...