Booktuber Interview with Helene Jeppesen from Helen the Book Owl (Interview #7)

Hi fellow readers and welcome back for another booktuber/blogger interview.

This series had a short break at the end of 2013 but I'm bringing it back this year with so many more great booktubers and bloggers to share with you. Starting off 2014, I have the lovely Helene Jeppesen from Denmark whose videos have quickly become my favourite to watch. Helene is absolutely hilarious and really throws herself into the booktubing community with both feet :-) Enjoy.



Please describe your channel and the type of books which you enjoy reading.
My channel is mainly about books, only because I love reading them and discussing them. I mainly do book hauls, book wrap ups and tag videos but sometimes there's also time for a readathon or two :-) The type of books that I like reading are mainly Young Adult books which is quite surprising since I didn't know anything about them only half a year ago. But since getting into the booktube community that's almost all I read and I can't seem to get enough of them. Occasionally, I also read adult fiction, contemporary and classics.

What made you decide to start your channel and what are the main reasons you keep making videos?
I decided to start my channel back in July 2013 when I learned about the summer booktubeathon and the amazing booktube community that existed. It was a kind of spur of the moment decision - I thought about doing a video, and 24 hours later it was uploaded and ready. Since then I've been loving doing this videos; mostly because I love discussing books but also because I love engaging with other book lovers around the world and get to know them.

What is your favourite book?
I cannot settle on one book so here are some titles: "Winger" by Andrew Smith is hands down one of my absolute favourites. I remember finishing it and being completely stunned and overwhelmed, and I actually couldn't pick up another book until the next day. That's something I've never experienced before! "The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer"-series by Michelle Hodkins. I love how these book deal with an unreliable narrator and make the reader verts suspicious, and I love how the mysterious world is mingled together with romance. "Shatter Me" and "Unravel Me" by Tahereh Mafi. Whenever I read these books I have to reread several paragraphs because they are so beautifully written! Tahereh Mafi has a way of playing with words and language that is very unique.

If you could read one genre for the rest of your life, which genre would you choose?
I would choose the Dystopian genre within Young Adult. That genre provokes me the most and makes me think differently about things.

If you could live in any book world created, which would you choose?
I would choose the world in the Divergent series by Veronica Roth just because it would be interesting to see which faction I would end up in :) 

What has been your best/favourite booktubing moment so far and why?
When I did a live chat with NadiaReads, ivymuse and MarlinElina about being a European booktuber. That made me feel so accomplished and happy because people wanted to see me in a live chat.

Where do you store/show-off your books and how many do you own in total?
I store my books in my living room on 4 black BILLY-bookshelves from IKEA. They are halfway filled by now and I can't wait till they're filled up completely. I own about 300 books.

Where is your usual place to read and what would your dream reading place look like?
I usually read in my couch with a blanket and some comfy pillows or in my bed just before I have to go to sleep (or in the morning when I wake up in the weekends). My dream reading place would be in a comfy place surrounded by books. A little bit like this:

Lastly, which blogs/channels can we usually find you stalking when you're not creating content for your own channel?
LittleBookOwl, katytastic, Kassidy Voinche, enchantology, gingerreadslainey, mysecretbookclub, benjaminoftomes, PerusseProject and of course Samantha's ColdTeaAndCrumbs :)
HUGS and cheek kisses from Denmark,
Helene.

Find Helene on all these social media sites:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClylic7-t5Pn-7Ferhoc2Hg
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/21992464-helen-the-booko­wl 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HelenTheBookowl

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Helene for taking part in the BookTuber/Book Blogger series.
Don't forget to follow Cold Tea and Crumbs to read another BookTuber/Blogger Interview in 2 weeks. See you all then. x

Missed an interview, see all interviewees on the BookTuber/Book Blogger Interview Archive Page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...