BookTuber/Book Blogger Interview with BethJune327 (Interview #10)

Hi fellow readers and welcome back for another booktuber/blogger interview.

This fortnight's booktuber/blogger is the bubbly Beth from BethJune327. Beth was amongst some of the first booktubers I came across and I instantly subscribed to her channel. She uploads some of the funniest videos and it always makes my day when there's one sat in my subscription feed waiting to be watched. Here's Beth's answers to the BookTuber/Blogger Interview Questions. Enjoy.



Please describe your channel and the type of books which you enjoy reading.
My channel is 90 percent book related and a 10 percent of randomness! Sharing the love I have for books with other people is truly one of the best things. Tag videos are one of my favorite videos to film and share with you guys. You can learn so much about people in tag videos, from what their favorite books are to what their favorite color is. Another type of video that you will see A LOT of on my channel are haul videos, like I've said many times before, I have a problem. Young Adult fiction is my main obsession, tho if I had to chose, I'd say dystopian and contemporary are my favorite genres. What can I say, I'm a sucker for love!

What made you decide to start your channel and what are the main reasons you keep making videos?
I don't have many 'real life' friends who love to read books and obsess over them as much as I do, so when I came across booktube, I knew I was going to be sucked in. In the beginning I would spend hours marathoning book related videos, stalking people's reviews on Goodreads, (before booktube, I had no idea Goodreads existed!) and following countless blogs. Blogging is where I tried to start out at, but I just couldn't get all my feels out that way, so I just decided to nose dive into booktube. BEST DECISION EVER! Being able to share my love and passion for books is such an amazing privilege. I've not only discovered most of my favorite books from the booktube community, but best of all, I've made some amazing friends, and that is something that I am truly thankful for each and every day.

What is your favourite book?
And the award for 'Hardest Question Ever' goes to...
I actually get this question A LOT, and being that I've read many books in my day, you would think I would have found my all time favorite book by now. Nope. I've read some amazing books in my day, and I would feel guilty if I had to chose one over the other. Now I do have a book that I wouldn't say is my all-time favorite, but it is extremely close to my heart and I would forever cherish it- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. This is the book that started it all, it sucked me into it's pages and got me highly addicted to reading. I believe this book has made a huge impact on the reading world, and it breaks my heart to see people bash it now, when they loved it once too.

If you could read one genre for the rest of your life, which genre would you choose?
I would chose the dystopian genre within Young Adult. I've read quite a bit of dystopian, and most of my well loved books are dystopian. I love that the world is different than the one we live in today, but not so much different that it could be hard to follow. Another aspect about a book that I love are strong, kick butt characters, and you definitely get that in the dystopian genre.

If you could live in any book world created, which would you choose?
Hogwarts, hands down. From the mythical creatures to the spell casting to the dining hall, Hogwarts has it all! 

What has been your best/favourite booktubing moment so far and why?
I'm going to go with the time I received an email saying that Jessethereader had subscribed to my channel, I'm pretty sure I died that night. I've watched Jesse's videos from the moment I found booktube, and he is one of the booktubers I look up to. I remember running into the living room and telling my husband about it, tho he didn't know who in the world I was talking about, he sat there and let me fangirl about it!

Where do you store/show-off your books and how many do you own in total?
In my woman cave of course! We have a spare room that I morphed into my office/library, and I absolutely love it! I have three bookshelves in total, two tall and one short. I've recently started stacking books on the very top due to lack of room. Physical books, I own 521. eBooks, I own 137. Still not enough, to be honest. :D

Where is your usual place to read and what would your dream reading place look like?
Majority of the time I read in bed, tho I have been trying to get into the habit of reading at my desk due to bed reading always puts me to sleep. Now if I could have my very own book sanctuary, I would want a room that has bookshelves instead of walls! Staircases that lead you to more books, ladders that move, a crackling fireplace and a comfy place for reading! I'm thinking along the lines of Beauty and The Beast, if you catch my drift! Oh, the excitement of dreaming. 
Lastly, which blogs/channels can we usually find you stalking when you're not creating content for your own channel?
There are so many amazing booktubers out there, and I find myself finding new ones every day! A few of my favorite (because there really are too many to list!) are Jesse from JessetheReader, Heather from Bookables, Jessica from PriceisWong, Jamie and Jeff from Ermahgerd Berks, Kassidy from Kassidy Voinche, Regan from PeruseProject, and MANY MANY MANY MORE!


Find Beth on all these social media sites:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCskEiNx6NIghrqF2Hy0dd6w
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7091489-beth-toups
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bethjune327
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Beth for taking part in my BookTuber/Book Blogger series.
Don't forget to follow Cold Tea and Crumbs to read another BookTuber/Blogger Interview in 2 weeks. See you all then. x

Missed an interview, see all interviewees on the BookTuber/Book Blogger Interview Archive Page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...