Days of Blood and Starlight | Audiobook Review

Days of Blood and Starlight - Audiobook Version
Laini Taylor (Narranted by Khristine Hvam)
Genres: Fantasy, Romance
Age Group: Young Adult
Publication Date: September 27th 2011
Number of Pages: 424
Source: Audible

Add to your TBR shelf:
Days of Blood and Starlight Goodreads Page


It began with the breathtaking Daughter of Smoke and Bone... The story continues in the astounding sequel, Days of Blood and Starlight. 
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a new way of living - one without massacres and torn throats and bonfires of the fallen, without revenants or bastard armies or children ripped from their mothers' arms to take their turn in the killing and dying.
Once, the lovers lay entwined in the moon's secret temple and dreamed of a world that was a like a jewel-box without a jewel - a paradise waiting for them to find it and fill it with their happiness.
This was not that world.



After listening to Daughter of Smoke and Bone back in the summer of 2013, I decided to carry on with the series in audiobook form and got my copy of Days of Blood and Starlight from Audible.com. Although I’d somewhat enjoyed the first book, I wasn’t a huge fan of the world and characters but I wanted to give the series another chance and continue to discover more of Karou and Akiva’s relationship.

As soon as I started to listen to Days of Blood and Starlight though, I was confused, lost, bored and generally uninterested. I will pre-empt this review by saying that the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series may be not be the best series to listen in audiobook form purely because of the fantasy elements which I think had I of read in book form, I may have been able to think about more and imagine the world in my mind. This was especially true for the second book though as the story constantly jumps between about 5 or 6 characters, about half of which are new in Days of Blood and Starlight and aren’t introduced in other chapters before we are thrown into their POV. This was the major aspect to my confusion whilst listening to this story!

Overall I am just not invested in this story, I don’t think I’ll be continuing on with the series as I just want to use my time towards series that I am enjoying. This doesn’t reflect my overall view of audiobooks though as I actually have enjoyed listening to books during my drives to and from work. I won’t say I’ll never finish the series, because there is only one book left and it would be nice to say I had finished it, but I certainly won’t be rushing out to purchase Dreams of Gods and Monsters.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...