BookTuber Interview #1 with Dani on Books

Welcome back regular readers and a big hello to any new readers joining us. Welcome.

As part of my book blogging and vlogging life I have had the opportunity to meet so many other incredible bloggers and booktubers, and can even call some my friends. I therefore thought it would be great to introduce you guys to these amazing people so you can get to know them too. Hence forth a series has been born and I name this series... Blogger/BookTuber Interviews :-) I know my creativity astonishes you ^_^

To start this series, I want to introduce you to possibly the friendliest BookTuber I have ever come across - Dani from Dani on Books (look at her gorgeous selfie below ^_^). I first chatted to Dani when she commented on my YouTube channel during the 30 Day Reading Challenge and said that she was also taking part. We hit it off straight away and since then we've been bouncing booktubing/book blogging ideas off one another and a friendship has formed - aww. Anyways, gushing over, it therefore only felt right that Dani was the first one to be interviewed for this series. I hope you guys enjoy her answers to the questions and don't forget to check out her channel and say I sent you!

Dani on Books - BookTuber Interview



Hi Dani, please describe your channel and the type of books which you enjoy reading.
Dani on Books is all about the books I buy, read and why I buy them. I do what makes me happy and what I would want to watch other people do. I don't read a lot of YA which seems to be the bread and butter of the BookTube community, but I am tempted to dip my toe in to the genre! I try to read as many Classics and Modern Classics as I can and have quite varied taste - I tend to buy books that are in some related to something that I am in to at the time- for example after season one of Sherlock was aired in the UK I bought Arthur Conan Doyle's books, and after taking up running as a hobby I bought Haruki Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, and Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. 

What made you decide to start your channel and what are the main reasons you keep making videos?
I started my channel because I wanted to join the community. It is a really supportive place and I really enjoy speaking to everyone on it. I make videos because I want to make content that people like, so I am always thinking of new ideas and wanting to listen to constructive feedback. My channel is my little project, I just want to make it better and better! 

American Gods - Neil Gaiman | One of Dani's Favourite Books
What is your favourite book?
My favourite book is hard to nail down. I have a top 5, but picking one is difficult because I love them all in different ways. I love Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte because I love the character of Heathcliffe and I am a sucker for a tragedy. But American Gods by Neil Gaiman is such a fantastic book with such a brilliant original story... ahhh choices! [Watch Dani's video all about her Top 5 Books and also win a copy of American Gods in her 200 subscriber giveaway - closes 20 August 2013]

If you could read one genre for the rest of your life, which genre would you choose?
This is a really tough question for me because I don't have a favourite genre, but I think that I would pick science fiction because the scope of the genre is huge, and because some of the ideas explored in sci fi books are the ideas that I myself ponder from time to time. I also haven't read much of it, so I would have a lot to choose from! I am really interested in Science and love to read books and watch documentaries on the Universe, and the prospect of us finding and interacting with intelligent life really fascinates me! 

If you could live in any book world created, which would you choose?
Harry Potter. I want a wand (when I got my Pottermore wand I squee'd! Dogwood with a dragon core, eleven and a half inches, surprising swishy) and to go to Hogwarts (Slytherin!), and then marry Ron Weasley and be happy ever after. Also, no one would bat an eye lid when I name my children Alden and Guinevere. 

What has been your best/favourite booktubing moment so far and why?
I have enjoyed so much of my experience so far, it's hard to pinpoint one thing. I would say that having such a positive to my tag video has been great, it currently has over 800 views and a lot of people have gone on to do the tag themselves, which makes me super happy! [Watch Dani's original 'Your Life in Books Tag' video
Your Life in Books Tag - An Original Idea by Dani on Books

Where do you store/show-off your books and how many do you own in total?
Currently, they are squished where ever there is room for them since me and my boyfriend are living at my parents for a year or so whilst saving some money to buy our own house. Seriously, they are on shelves, under the bed, in the loft, on my bedside table and behind the sofa. In my rented flat, we had bookcases in the hallway so that you had to walk past a wall of books when entering the flat, as well as having our favourite books on shelves in the living room. Rough estimate, between my boyfriend and I, we have about 400, not including comic books and graphic novels (there's probably at least 50 of those too). 

Where is your usual place to read and what would your dream reading place look like?
Dani on Books' Dream Reading Area

I sit in bed with a load of pillows and a cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate to my right (beverage choice depends on the weather, time and my mood). It's not the best of places but it is what I have at the moment. My ideal place is something like what is shown in the photo - I can't sit still at all so I need somewhere I can move around and still be comfortable. I like that is is still part of the larger room, but it's own separate space - I would just need a little nook in the wall for a mug and a selection of biscuits and no one would see me for hours! 

Lastly, which blogs/channels can we usually find you stalking when you're not creating content for your own channel?
Recently, I have discovered loads of Booktubers that I love watching! I love Katytastic, her energy and love of books is quite unparrelled! I also really enojoy ReadSusieRead's channel, I have severe accent envy when it comes to her! Booksandpieces is a great channel, her videos are really interesting and I've learnt a lot about science fiction and fantasy from them. Also, Ohcakey, robotnic, LiaBooks, Rae of Books and of course, ColdTeaAndCrumbs... there are so many!
I really enjoyed sitting down and answering these questions. Dani x


___________________________________________________________________________________________
A big thank you to Dani for taking the time to answer my questions. Didn't she do a great job? I would love to go over to her house and read in her her book nook. Anyone else want to join me? You guys bring the biscuits and I'll be the tea/coffee/hot chocolate :-)

Don't forget to follow Cold Tea and Crumbs to read another BookTuber/Blogger Interview in 2 weeks.
See you all then. x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...